This time we are printing, overprinting, cutting back and stitching and generally experimenting. Having used several block prints, some I love and some are rather restricting and I’m not too sure what to do with the strong design.
This one is a case in point. The design is attractive in itself, I think, but more difficult to layer up and work with although I may have another bash sometime.
If in doubt, chop it up! I enjoyed deconstructing it and using this way, including the background papers.
Some of the other bits and bobs that were layered and stitched. The leaves were a real pleasure to work with – I love the subject anyway but the design lent itself to repeating in more of a random way. Once I had started using more fabric, I found the process really nice.